Friday, January 14, 2011

After work

Life can get quite mundane once a graduate start working. Unlike our western counterparts who have decent lunchbreaks, overtime, health benefits and workers unions, we Asians are typically overworked and underpaid.

Some of us leave for work before the sun rises, and return home after the sun sets. At times, we spend our whole day inside air conditioned offices that we do not get to see natural sunlight at all.

 I usually get off work about 7. During this time, families are busy cooking dinner at home.

 Compared to the shops in Australia, the shops here can close pretty late. Of course, we can't compare ourselves with the 24 hour mamak stalls which operate round the clock.

Being frugal, we usually eat very simple meals, such as this wan tan hor...


... and hokkien noodles.

Tonight, my brother and I had dinner at a cafe in Sea Park. RM 30 for 3 dishes is considered okay-ish, but I've tasted better food elsewhere for this price.

Sweet and sour pork.

Marmite chicken

After dinner, a silent ride back home in the car. When I reach home, I'm so tired and brain dead that I can't really do anything much at all. Of course, I always look forward to spend time with my special one ;).

Thus is a simple, unassuming life. I guess I've got much to thank for as compared to the other homeless people who roam around the city.

The cycle repeats tomorrow, and the day after. Have a good evening everyone.

1 Comment:

The Skatemusicianer said...

Ah, I probably haven't been keeping up, but now there's a special one mentioned eh? ;) Nice.

Keep the photos coming. Always an inspiration.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online