Friday, September 10, 2010

Ramadhan pasar malam

I faintly remember my first experience of going to a Ramadhan pasar malam about 7 years ago when I was in Shah Alam doing my pre university course. It was a new experience for me seeing hundreds of stalls selling all sorts of foods to cater for Muslims who break fast daily.

Of course, several stalls sell the same dishes and are similarly priced. It's up to personal preference for which stall you'd like to buy your dinner from in the end.

Most of the dishes are freshly made on the spot (eg. fried chicken), but others such as the Nasi campur (mix rice) dishes are brought from home. I wonder how must it feel for a cook to see such tasty food in front of him while he / she is fasting.

Drinks are cheap, usually about RM 1 a packet. You can see some fresh sugar cane juice at the right corner of the table.

I haven't eaten curry puffs in a while. Perhaps I should start tasting a few soon.

Glutinous rice cooked in banana leaves over a charcoal grill. Great stuff.

Roti John. It's a long piece of bread, fried and then layered with mayonaisse, vegetables and slices of meat.

Pahang durians. Not that I've ever tried one before, but I wish I did, I guess.

Before I sign off, I'd like to wish all my Muslim readers a very happy 'Selamat Hari Raya'.

Cheers~

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online