Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Jalan-jalan cari makan

Finding food in KL can be a daunting task when you're on a budget. Here are some eateries I frequent /  just recently visited for a quick bite.

*All images were captured using a Tamron 28-75/2.8 on a Nikon FX sensor.

Restoran Murni, ss2. I usually come here for brunch. The fried noodles here aren't bad, and the drinks (Mango Special for example) will definitely fill your stomach due to the high content of fruit concentrate.

Just down the road from ss2 is Kanna Curry House. It's a typical mamak restaurant.

The food here is served on traditional banana leaves. The waiters go around serving food from little plastic plates. It's a little pricey though at RM5 for a small dish of mutton or chicken curry. The three metal containers contain chicken curry, fish curry and dhall.

The other times, its at the 1 Bak Kut Teh shop just behind my work place. The pork portions are cooked in a very flavourful broth and they taste extremely delightful.

Like most Bak Kut Teh eateries, do be prepared to spend at least RM 15-20 here. One bowl of pork portion costs around RM 10.

Sometimes, its just the good old mamak shop right in front of my house. It doesn't even have a signboard, but a lot of folks frequent it because of the 'large screen' entertainment there.

Their RM 4.50 nasi lemak ayam is a favorite of mine.

Last night, I visited Millenium Square which serves a variety of thai, indian, western and oriental dishes. Its the longest and most various types of food I've ever seen in a restaurant so far.

The most distinctive feature of the restaurant is its multitude of LCD tv's to watch football. I'm sure this place will get extremely crowded during any major football match.


My brother ordered the Tomyam soup.It's a bit sour in taste, and I reckon its closer to the original Thai dish.

I on the other hand had the Indian butter chicken dish. For its price (RM 12.50) excluding rice (another RM1), its a dismally small sized dish although it tastes alright.

Will I return to Millenium Square? Not in a long while, I guess.

I hope I've enlightened you a little regarding the food spots here in KL. It definitely puts a strain on my wallet compared to eating in Kuching. Oh well~

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online