Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Taipei 101,RH Plaza, Kuching

Dear folks, I apologise for the lack of updates. I'm in the midst of reorganising my life since a major occurence has happened in our family. I will still strive to update this blog whenever I can.

My family and some friends had lunch last Sunday at Taipei 101, at RH Plaza. It is situated at the corner of the main shop block, behind Expert food court.

Yes, Taiwanese food is becoming increasingly popular in Kuching, but as the number of outlets increase, there are bound to be mediocre ones. And I am afraid Taipei 101 is one of them. Like this dish for example: just fry some beancurd, pour on some soy sauce and sprinkle some spring onions. Thats it!

Prawn spring rolls. They're pretty small. I guess the only consolation is that they're crispy and are more artificially flavored than desired.

Pretty standard dumplings that you can't really go wrong with. Too bad there are only 5 pieces on each plate.

Digging in. There's rice available on request, of course.

Your standard fare chinese stirfried vegetables.

Milk tea with pearls. Didn't get a chance to try it but will attempt to in the future. About RM 3.50 a glass, a bit more pricy than your RM2 teh si peng.

Taiwanese noodles with some blanched vegetables and pork strips. Worth a try I reckon.

My ice blended orange finally arrived (towards the end of the meal!). Quite flavorful. I think I drank a little too much at one go until my brains froze momentarily and I got a headache :p

Overall, its a pleasant place to dine at, with timber chairs and tables for a more rustic feel. I'm just not sure if I would return to this place in the near future.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online