Thursday, December 17, 2009

Taking a breather

Dear faithful blog readers,

I apologise for not updating this domain as faithfully as I should as I've got a pile of work on my plate. I guess in the coming months, I'll have some more pressing matters to settle, so please be patient with me regarding my updates. Here are some snippets.



In the past few weeks, I have travelled to the three largest campuses in Melbourne: Monash University, RMIT, and of course the University of Melbourne. It's been great meeting different clients and their families, and helping them to treasure their memories as they graduate from their respective courses. It was also my first time attending an RMIT graduation ceremony, and for those who've attended one, I now know the meaning of the term "factory line" ;)



Inevitably with graduations, its that time of the year again where some folks return to their respective countries and begin a new working life. Of course, we all say that we'll all meet again, but who knows what may happen to our futures?



Yes folks, this is your final opportunity to visit the Rialto 360 degree observation deck before it closes on 31 December 2009 at 6pm. Tickets are $7 for singles. The caveat? You have spend your own resources to print out a pretty useless flyer to hand at the counter. I didn't get that fact right unfortunately, but I was there already, and I decided to go ahead with it anyway. Just a friendly reminder to those folk who're thinking of visiting the place.



I received a facebook message from one of the groups I've been joining.

Thank you all for your support. Since this page is set up for the purpose of preserving our heritage along Gambier Street, and still it went unheeded, there is no longer 'heritage' along that side of the street, but transplanted trees. It is indeed a tragic loss. I hope there is a lesson here for everyone. Let's claim ownership of our valuable cultural heritage before it's too late. Remember, a nation without appreciation of it's legacy, it's a nation without roots. Thanks again.


I snapped an image of the Old Wet Market on Gambier street in May earlier this year. Shortly before I left, it was all gone.




When words aren't enough. Some say a picture is worth a thousand words. But there are some folks who would like more. For example, a commenter on a blog post regarding street photography mentioned that he preferred additional text to contextualize the image and to add depth. Well, I have been guilty of that many times, because if you've noticed, my posts are full of images and are minimalistic on words.

Forgive me for not being a thesis writer, but working photographers are very much busy finding clients, arranging timetables, shooting and post processing that most of the time, a very detailed post isn't feasible. Its unfortunate we can't spend much time to write, but thats what our lives are. Most pros like Joe McNally are too busy shooting anyway.

That's all for now. Take care!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online