Thursday, May 08, 2008

Face to Face

Face to face
I stood by a calm pond,
in the midst of a summer day.
no breeze...
just still air.
The warmth of the sun on my back
as I stared into the water.

E-510, ISO 400, F/4.2, 1/125 s

So many times I had
been here before.
alone....
no one but the
birds on the branch of a tree.
the frogs gently peeping
beside the calm pond.
and in a distance the rustling of small animals as they played.

ISO 1600, F/5.3, 1/90 s

Alone
as I had always been
Alone...
staring at an empty pond.
or at least
what I thought was empty.


Thinking.....
about my past
present
future.....
one day at a time.
thats great but sometimes
like today....
in the heat of the sun...
In the confusion of myself
one moment is all I can handle.


I look around and see nothing
yet
there is beauty amongest me.
I stare silently into the water...


Who am I?
Why am I here?
My head full of questions.
A tear drops and makes a silent
splash in to the calm waters.
one,
two,
and yet another....


Then I realize that each tear has caused a ripple
a small ring surrounded by others and it continues
until finally it disappears
and what is left
if I look in the water
but...
me..
my reflection...
Thats who I am.


I am me.
someone.
even with a confused mind and tears.
I am me.


suddently a light breeze
picks up and
the silence is interrupted..
by a fish who jumps out of the water.
Life... In an instance.
can change.

I decided to stay for the change.
face to face.
face to face with myself.

ISO 1600, F/8, 1/500s

1 Comment:

Robin Wong said...

Whoah, nice pictures from Oly !! I so need a tele lens... im stuck with the standard lens for now. Sadness !!!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online